Tuesday 22 November 2016

Halloween Art

What's that saying? 

'It's better late than never'?

Today I thought I'd share with you TWO really easy artworks that I have taught to students in Years 3 and 6. These artworks are a great activity to complete around Halloween, however, they're so fantastic that they can be taught at any time!

The Haunted House


This one is so easy!

Students watch the following youtube clip 'How to draw a haunted house' which shows each step. After watching, students create these creepy houses using paper, black markers, a drawing compass (or something round to trace for the moon) and warm coloured pencils (red, orange, yellow).

They can change the design and add in bats to make it even scarier. My students loved drawing in the tomb stones!

I completed this lesson with Year 6, however, I feel that you could probably do this lesson with any age group. You will just have to prep them on how to use a marker correctly.


The Howling Wolf


I completed this artwork this year with Year 3. I showed students the following youtube video 'Drawing a Howling Wolf with Chalk Pastels'. After watching the video, I explained to students that we'd be creating our own version of the artwork. As I completed this with younger students, I printed out templates of the wolf which they stuck on once finished. However, feel free to get students to draw their own wolf.

I used black card (A4), chalk pastels, hairspray, a circle template (or you could use a drawing compass), a wolf template and glue.

The students loved creating their howling wolves. They're hanging up around the room and they look amazing!

As the end of the year approaches, I will be updating my blog with great end of year activities as well as some Christmas art ideas. Be sure to check back here every now and then or join my mailing list to get updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment