Tuesday 14 January 2014

The 2014 school year is here!

Yes... you read correctly!

The 2014 school year is here and I have decided to start a blog (thanks to my good friend Jess). 

I do not claim to be an expert... but I thought this would be a cool way to share some of my teaching ideas and get some feedback from anyone willing to share.

This will be my fourth year teaching... and my fourth year on Stage 3. I have spent the past three years on Year 6 and I am excited to take on the new challenge of Year 5 for 2014.


I have been getting things ready for the new year and have come across these cool pencil cases. They're in the 'Back to School' sale at TARGET and they are only $5 each!!! They also include pens, but I've taken them out and I'll use them for something else. 

I am in the middle of making labels for them and I will use them in Literacy Groups. The whole idea is that each group will have one and when they break off for their activities, they will have everything they need. I will nominate one person per week to make sure that everything is put back into the case.

Pack includes: 12x markers, 12x coloured pencils, 3x HB pencils, 2x erasers, 1x pencil sharpener, 1x highlighter, 3x ballpoint pens, 3x gel pens, 1x scissors, 1x glue stick, 1x stapler, 1x 30cm ruler and a PVC pouch.

In the same sale, they have FIVE document wallets with buttons on sale for $1.50... and at K-Mart they have the same deal for only $1.00!!!


Over the next two weeks I will be posting more of my back-to-school ideas. 


I hope you enjoy!

Follow me on Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/rasellen/




No comments:

Post a Comment