Tuesday 14 January 2014

Literacy Groups/ Centres/ Rotations

I call them Literacy Groups, but you may call them something different.

Regardless... here is a quick overview of how I have organised my groups this year.

I have FIVE groups: Rodda, Jennings, Glietzman, Thompson and Griffith (surnames of authors) and all five groups are mixed ability groups.

The stationery packs that I wrote about in my previous blog now have name tags and look like this -->

I have made an extra name tag to put on a tub where the stationery packs and their Literacy Group folders will be stored.

I bought the tubs/drawers from K-Mart. They're called '4 Tier Chrome Drawer Trolley' and I found them in the bathroom section... I have no idea why!

They're currently being sold for $24... which I think is an absolute bargain. I actually bought them last year and they are still in good condition. Check the drawers out at the following link: Product: 4 Tier Chrome Drawer Trolley - Kmart

Each student will have their own Literacy Folder. In their Literacy Folder they will store their worksheets, workbook and School Magazines. I like when everything has a home and can be stored away neatly. I bought the folders from TARGET for a bargain (5 folders for $1.50).

I will keep you posted with the final product!

No comments:

Post a Comment