Friday 17 January 2014

Blogs to Watch!

I've compiled a list of blogs/ websites that I think are worth following. 

Some people have some AMAZING ideas out there... so rather than reinventing the wheel each time, check out some of these brilliant teachers and their great ideas...

In no particular order:
  1. Omnipotent Particle Theory - One of my favs! Cory McDonald has put together some amazing FREEBIES around 'Habits of Mind'. He also has some great ideas with how to further use Class Dojo in the classroom.
  2. Science Notebooking - SO MANY amazing ideas! I could spend hours just flicking through all of the posts and getting inspiration!
  3. That's So Second Grade - I'm not a Year 2 teacher, however, Ashley Pennell is one organised teacher. I have gotten so many great ideas from her blog... but let me just say one thing... I have no idea how she does it!
  4. The Autism Helper. - We all have students from time-to-time who have particular needs. This blog is jam-packed with amazing teaching ideas, in particular, ideas that will benefit students with disabilities. You MUST check this one out!
  5. Pink and Green Mama - This is actually a blog written by a stay at home mother. She is a trained art teacher and she has tonnes of amazing ideas. Absolutely brilliant.
  6. The School Supply Addict - A great all-round blog. However, the blog has amazing themes and ideas for how to set up your classroom. Here is the direct link for classroom set ups: http://www.theschoolsupplyaddict.com/room-setup.html
  7. Teacher Bits and Bobs - Another great all-rounder blog. This one also has great FREEBIES!
  8. A Teacher's Treasure - A great blog with brilliant ideas and lots of FREEBIES. I particularly like her back-to-school posts. I will be using some of her ideas, particularly the 'Welcome Back Goodie Bag'.
  9. The Nest Effect - I have been referring to this blog for a couple of years now. Tiffany has heaps of great ideas, especially around motivation and rewards. Since browsing her blog, I now have a slight addiction to Vista Print. Tiffany prints business cards and uses them as little motivations for students to aim for. Absolutely brilliant. Here's a direct link to motivations and rewards: http://www.thenesteffect.com/2012/03/motivation-rewards-in-my-classroom.html
And while you're checking out these great blogs... why not look around mine? 
OR check out my Pinterest boards: http://www.pinterest.com/rasellen/

I hope these blogs have been helpful!

No comments:

Post a Comment