Wednesday 15 January 2014

How to make sure students are writing their name on their work...

There is nothing more annoying then giving out a worksheet, only to find it on the floor a couple of days later without a name on it. NO WAIT... there is nothing more annoying then handing out a test to assess students knowledge, only to collect it and find that names have not been written on them.

Regardless, I have decided to come up with a plan to ensure that names are ALWAYS written on worksheets. I got this idea from Pinterest (follow me: http://www.pinterest.com/rasellen/) and I've adapted it for my class.

Usually I have a tub which students place their finished work in for submitting... however, this year I've made the following document. I've laminated it and it sits inside the tub. When a student submits their work, they have to read the card and then place their work in the tub underneath the card (so that the next student can read it). Next to the tub will be a pencil tin with a pen, pencil, eraser and highlighter to give students another opportunity to finalise their work.

I found these really cute pens, highlighters and erasers... they're called 'Scentos'. They smell really nice. I thought they would be a nice incentive... ensuring that all work is completed properly. They were only $2.00 each! I'm thinking of going back to TARGET and getting a couple more for my prize box.



I can't wait to test this system out. I will keep you posted with how it goes ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment